Monday, April 5, 2010

Stategy

One of the primary skills that students are tested on is their ability to interpret primary source documents. I think for this reason it would be beneficial for all of my students to use the internet to find primary source documents to conduct their research. In the book Technology and the Diverse Learner, they give an example of students using select search engines to find the documents. I think that this is a good idea but I know realistically that students have their own search engines that they are comfortable with and that it should be used with students that are gifted and talented. I would like to be able to use it with more than just the gifted and talented students because the students with special needs will be required to interpret the same documents.

I think it is what you do with it that makes the difference. I could have the students look for primary source documents pertaining to a certain concept like the revolutionary war document, then have them write their own meanings on the bottom of the document after they save it to a microsoft word document.

I think that the options are endless with something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment